Thursday, July 21, 2005

+ sUcCeSs +

+ sUcCeSs +

When I'm done with collecting the answers to the question in the previous entry, I'm going to post the overall result. But now, I've come across one answer by a friend that i feel worth pondering about.

He said in ten years' time, he don't know what job or what position he would be holding, but he would definitely be very successful.
When asked how would he define 'successful', he replied that he don't know the specific words, but he would be someone whom others would think successful.

I decided to drop the topic because any probing would end up in a bottomless arguement. I find this answer quite.... hmm.... unusual, and in my own sense, pretty senseless.(No pun intended. It's just that answering is like as good as not.) But then again, it might not be so. That's why I think it's worth pondering.

I told my mum about this answer, and nonchalantly, she said,"That's good. Someone also said that before. And he is now the CEO of Creative Technologies company something."

Wow! Imagine my that friend being a multimillionaire ten years later!

But my question is: How is one deemed as being successful, by his own standards or because others think he is? (Note: this is not a qn about the definition of being successful. It is who deem you as one)

For me, so long as I feel that I'm a successful person, I don't care if others call me a failure. Similarly, if I feel lousy, even if the whole world worships me for being so successful, I won't consider myself as one at all. Because I am who I defines.By my own standards.

What about you?

No comments: