Wednesday, May 04, 2005

+ tRaVeLs +

+ tRaVeLs +

Why do people travel? Work? Reunions with family? Friends? Holiday? Leisure?
How would one define 'going on a holiday'? Some how, 80% of the people i know, they go travelling because they want to go shopping. That's right... cheap deals, cheap sales... I guess they most probably either enjoy the process of shopping, or simply are just looking for sales to indulge themselves in...
Haiz... I want to go overseas... I want to go on a holiday... And that means to be mentally free... free from the stress and responsibility of everyday life... of school, of work, of family strains, or relationships... I want to be able to think about what i wish to think about, with no one interrupting me, with no one telling me what i should think...
I want to be physically free... to be able to do what i want to do... to do the things i normally can't do, or are not available in Singapore... I want to see all the wonderful things in the world... i want to see the different things, the amazing things, the beautiful things that can't be seen in Singapore... I want to taste the different flavours of the culinary outside Singapore... true flavours... of different countries, different cultures, different races... I want to hear the winds whispering in my ears, the trees softly rustling to each other, the waves lapping in the sea, kids laughing merrily playing on the streets, the hustling and bustling of a busy morning.... not the sharp retching of the motor engines, not of mothers screaming at their children for dropping an ice-cream, not the lifeless sound of a heartless office, not the gossips of a clueless victim... i want to feel Life... feel the Pulse of Earth under my feet... feel the Breathe of the blue sky above... feel the Hope shining in the starry Heavens up there...
No. I don't want to just go shopping... I can shop in Singapore too... So what if they are cheaper by a few cents, a few dollars, or even half the price? To me, they are the same... What's a few extra dollars as long as i like them...? Greater variety? Indeed. But i do not find the people in other countries having more dress sense than Singaporeans do. They just wear what they feel comfortable, and that's why we find them very nicely dressed. No. I don't want to go on a tour just to eat loads of cheap seafood... I can get them in Singapore too. No big deal. And one whole day of seafood? Kaoz! My blood cholesterol can simply shoot sky-high! No thank you very much. No. I don't want to go overseas just to go around praying at some temples. If I'm faithful, one God is enough for me. We have Goddess of Mercy right here at Waterloo Street. Just a bus away. No sweat.
Haiz... There's so many places i want to go... so many restrictions... so little time... so little money...
My dream land in the world... yes, a very magical land... yes, a very beautiful land... yes, a very musical land... and yes, a very expensive land too.... the piece of land under the stars.... yes, my piece of land under the starz......

No comments: