Thursday, April 21, 2005

+ bELieFs +

+ bELieFs +

him: hey! I'm gonna pass you something related to your this field of study. Hold on a while while i get them. I keep forgetting.
me: orhz...
~ 5 minutes later ~
him: here... this one is roughly about..... blah blah blah..... (flips through 2 mags briefing me about some interesting but not so related stuffs.)
me: orhz... (saw a small black book about afterlife half hidden under the mags.)
me: ............. (looks at him for explanation)
him: oh, i've been wanting to pass this to you long ago. That time i heard you and that guy talking about religion? So i thought this might interest you. This book is mainly about afterlife, the religion only comes at the back.
me: oh... thanx... (try to force a smile)
him: So what religion are you now? Still free thinker having no religion?
me: uh? (thinks since when did i say i have no religion?)
him: what's your beliefs now?
me: oh... buddhism... family religion...
him: ok... perhaps it's time for a change.
~ huge pause ~ (coz i was thinking hard)
me: hmm.... i think it's time to study hard. Real hard.
~ enormous pause ~ (coz he was thinking hard)
him: yah.... i... think... you're... right... But just read that book. It's rather nice. Then you can see again if you wanna change.
me: ok. Thanx. (bury my head firmly back to my own stuff in case he decide to give me a lecture on religion again.)
CASE CLOSED

-_- <= tis my 1st reaction when this whole thing starts. When he's supposed to aid me in my research, he actually helped little with a purpose that is totally out of point! My religion!?!?!?! ZZZzzzzz.......

PHEW!! <= tis my reaction when this whole thing ends. Firstly, he didn't try to lecture me a whole precious hour on religion, or rather, HIS religion. Secondly, OMG! i actually dared to talk back at him about disagreeing to his religion and just wanting to study hard, and expecting to get away unscathed! But luckily i really did! And he even agreed with me! haha.. guess he also can't do anything with me.

What a weird encounter. Totally off track.
But if one day, another person comes along and ask me,"What is your belief?"
Buddism? Christianity? Taoism? Hinduism? Catholic?
Can i tell them,"i believe in Dreams"?

No comments: