Tuesday, December 27, 2005

+ tHe gAmE oF |0vE +

Having sorta "discussed" our opinions over a friend's view on some relationship issues, I suddenly realise what do people mean by "the Game of Love", well, perhaps on a smaller scale.

I'd always told myself never to fall for someone, or bother about whether someone is falling for me, because it will be draining and torturous and nothing good. I supposed i don't like to play the game.

The game of receiving and interpreting the signals correctly, of giving out or returning the correct signals, to make sure the other party receives the signals and interpret them correctly. Though it could sometimes be very sweet, it is really taxing, and could at some point of time even confuse the signaller him/herself. I'm not making believe, I'm talking about myself.

That's why i always encourage my friends who are always troubled by "ai mei" bgr problems, (gal, you know who you are! :P) don't bother if they like you or not. If you like him, go for it. If you don't like him, draw the line. If you are not sure of your feelings, think over it yourself before doing anything. The last one happened to me. And before I know what I wanted, I ended everything before anything can start.

But now, I think that that "ai mei" is what the game is about. If the signalling process is ended chop chop through direct communication, the dillydallying stops. No dragging, no nothing. Just chop chop an answer. Something else will continue from here, be it good or bad or same. Maybe for people like me, it's the best way out. It saves our energy and time. But come to think of it, wouldn't we have missed out the "fun" during the signalling period?

Perhaps only those with the extra elements be able to properly play the game of love.

No comments: