Monday, January 16, 2006

+ g00d 0r bAd dReAm? +

Just had a bad dream with a good ending....

Went to China with my whole family, including my Ah Ma, Eldest Uncle n family, and Little Aunt n family. Followed a tour package, but that was terribly organized. The whole place looks like Malaysia, not so much of sightseeing, but coach sitting. Imagine sitting in a small coach the whole day the whole time and getting down just to go toilet? That's what's the whole trip is about, no purpose at all. More like a trip to nowhere.

Stayed in an ulu hotel. Nearing the end of the trip, one morning, my elder brother suddenly disappeared. We wondered where he'd gone. And then we received a call, for a ransom. Ransom? My brother was kidnapped right in the middle of China?! This is terrible... i remembered in the 'Principles of Law', our country's law has no effect in other countries, and we could only seek help from the Chinese authorities. But aren't they famous for corruption? And worse still, even if they were not corrupt, it's really hard to help us since China is so big! Okay, i know i'm mean, but i couldn't trust the securities there.

Anyway, we reported the case and they did say they would help, but apparently nothing is done. We paid the ransom, but my brother NEVER return!! Was he silenced? We all panicked. Yes, in this dream, it was so real i panicked! How can this happen? As in how can the kidnappers do this even after we paid the ransom? I remembered the Huang Na case... How a chinese girl met a mishap in Singapore. I believe if it's a Singaporean meeting a mishap in China, it wouldn't create much impact on their people at all! We returned to Singapore, hoping to seek help from our own people. I was so scared, even when i lie in my bed after our return, i keep thinking would my brother appear in my dream? Like what Huang Na did in her Aunt's dream? Then i was hoping he would come tell me where's he in China. But i realised it's so hard. How can his spirit fly so far back home to tell us where is he? Anyway if this really happens, it means he's really killed! And guess what? He did appear! Halfway through telling me though, i told myself this isn't true. Why?

In reality, he's right there sleeping in his room! How can his spirit come tell me he's dead in China?
And so, i forced myself to wake up. ZZzz.

But i fell asleep again. And the dream continued.

No news is good news. We had a call from the Chinese authorities that there's no concrete evidence that my brother is dead. In fact they had some clues that he's still alive. So we all eagerly went back to China. We went to the place where they suspect to be the place of kidnapping. AND WE FOUND MY BROTHER! Seems like they are quite efficient!

The kidnappers were nowhere to be seen, but there's my brother, alive and kicking! except a bit weak. He told us how he'd escaped. He was on this van, badly beaten up. Then when the kidnappers were away for a while, he called for help softly. Some kind souls saved him but he took a few days to recover properly, and also to hide from the kidnappers. that's why he only appeared now. Guess my relief? i was totally overjoyed loh!

I realised i still do care for my family members. Though i may begrudge them for the things they do to me, though i may be mean to them, though i may even 'hate' them at some point of time, i still love them. I want them to be alive and well and kicking.

Haiz.. so much for internal struggles. My subconcious mind will always lead me out.



Anyway, bro, if u happen to see tis, remember to take care while in China wor. Esp when you'll be going there for so long...

No comments: