Tuesday, January 24, 2006

+ pR|dE & PrEjUd|cE +

How long has it been since the last time i caught a romance movie, that is convincing enough to touch me? When is the last movie that shows no kissing, no lusting, but simply the pure attraction of the heart and mind?
Never Been Kissed.
Wow... a looong time ago. Probably the reason why i seldom watch romance comedies is because i believe most romantic movies tell the same tale, nothing out of the ordinary. A man fell for a woman, and vice versa, all within 2 hours. What happened in between, not truly convincing.

Then what is it that persuaded me, to take half a day off today and rush back, just in time to catch this movie whose screening shall end this thursday?
No, not my brother(though he has a part to play) who was so captivated that he bought the book immediately after he watched it, and which i had almost finished reading.

Pride And Prejudice.

Truly, thoroughly, totally romantic. The way this movie is filmed, the soft music as accompaniment, the picturesque scenes, the humour within, the beautiful actresses and charming actors. And the plot. Perfect! It simply captures my senses in all ways, and touches me enough to make my heart flutter. But if i want to use one word to describe this movie, 'perfect' it is not. It's 'romantic'! I'll hate to repeat myself, but i simply can't help it. I HAVE to say this again! This movie is Truly, Thoroughly, Totally ROMANTIC! Sigh...

That's right. What else better to end this movie but with a deep sigh?

Years ago, if i'd seen this movie, i'll go,"Sighzz... When will i ever meet someone as charming who could possibly fall in love with me, just like the male and female lead?"
Yet now, I surprise myself, by going,"Sighzz... Even if i meet someone as charming, would i even fall for him? Even if he falls for me?"

I wonder, is my heart going dead? I felt like i could never love someone. 'Love' is too strong a word. I don't think i can ever do that. Has Reality finally caught up with me that I'm finally growing up, out of my fairytale fantasy world, that i no longer believe in 'love'? Or am I sp hopelessly trapped in my world of fantasy forever, where i'll passionately love the man of my dreams IN my dreams rather than OUT of it? Perhaps besides being a nun, i'll either end up like Charlotte Lucas, who'll marry a man solely because he has a stable income and able to give me a home, or stay single forever, enjoying the carefreeness of being single.
I'd rather the latter.

But even if i don't have the fortune, or misfortune, to be in love, I'll still be pleased to know that true love still does exist, even if it's just in the movies.

'Happily ever after' is a reality, not a belief.

Maybe that's the real reason why i took so much trouble just to catch this movie. Just as curry adds flavor to rice, what's a little hassle compared to what a little 'romance', once in a blue moon, can add to my life?
It's definitely worth it. ^^

No comments: