Tuesday, February 21, 2006

+ A dAy g0nE bAd +

I shan't be sarcastic here and complain and grumble about how SOME PEOPLE spoil my day. When I'm pissed, I'm pissed. I'll directly say, someONE spoiled my day today. But in order to protect her, i shan't use her name. And you shan't guess either.

We were supposed to meet someone else at 130pm. But I was going to be late. She was already in that vincity of the meeting place. I called her up and we agreed on her continuing to meet him at the original time and me joining them at 2pm. I rushed like don't know what to get there at the appointed time, making me look like a mess along the way. And i did manage to reach there exactly at the time i said i would reach. 2pm.

Guess what? I barged into his room, all flustered and a mess, and i saw him. And him only. With an extremely pissed off face.
He: Yes?
Me: Erm.. She has not reached yet? Or has she left already?
He: She said to change the time to 230pm. She said you can only reach at 230pm.
Me: Oh she did? Or shall I start first?
He: No no. I'm not free now, I'm not always free you know? And both of you should come together. You shall come at 230pm.
Me: Oh.. Ok sorry. I'll come at a later time then.

I was thus rejected from his room. The moment i stepped out of his office, i called her up, feeling quite ridiculous and foolish. Turned out she was still preparing her stuffs. I told her about what happened to me. She laughed. Laughed! Not a single trace of empathy!

Okay. I'm not a petty person. It was my fault I'm late. Even if he wanted us to see him together, we can both see him at 2pm when i reached! Okay, so she was worried that i cant make it on time at 2pm, and so she fixed the time at 230pm. Perfectly fine.

But as a friend, she didn't even show the slightest empathy and sensitivity with me when i told her i was being chased out, and it's due to a mistake that SHE, intentionally or unintentionally, made. Instead, she LAUGHED it off as if it was a big joke. May I know what is so funny about a friend being made a fool?
Okay, friends aside. Even without friendship, just as a colleague, didn't she have the SLIGHTEST courtesy to at least inform me that she had changed the time? Yes, half an hour is no big deal! But if i was informed, I wouldn't have barged into someone's room making a fool out of myself! If i was informed, I could have gotten my lunch before the meeting at 2pm and not 2 hours later at 4pm!

"Money makes the world go round. Hunger makes ME go MAD!"

If she had simply said,"Oops! Sorry I forgot to inform you that i changed the time."(basic manners), my day would still be as good. But no. She LAUGHED! that's the worst part. What a sadist! She enjoyed seeing me in distress?!

By the time i knew, I didn't have enough time to grab something properly. I spent the next 15 mins walking around the area, trying to make myself cool down, and sitting in front of somewhere looking like a complete idiot!

At 230pm, no sight of her. 235pm, no trace. I called her at 240pm. She told me she's still tidying up her stuffs and would be done in 5-10 mins, and asked me to see him first. Ok. So if i didn't call her, i would still be waiting and the both of us would be late again. And it'll be my fault, because it was me who was late in the first place and she was already there.

To put it across nicely, she was just being irresponsible of not informing me that she changed the time, nor that she would be late for the meeting at 230pm.
To put it out harshly, one can say she used me as a shield to postpone the time when she was the one who needed the time to complete her stuffs and made me the scapegoat.

Well, i gave her the benefit of doubt.

But i was still hungry. I pulled a LONG face throughout the whole meeting. No point putting on a facade. That's being hypocritical.

Funny thing was, 4 hours later at 615pm, she sms-ed me.
She: hey girl sorry i forgot to inform you about coming later today.
(I'd already forgotten the matter, but i decided to let her know of my displeasure)
Me: Wah.. Not bad sia.. you actually took 4 hours to realise you're sorry? ok. Apology accepted.
( I thought that was the end of the episode. Until i recieved another sms from her)
She: Huh? It wasnt on purpose ma. And like you never did anything bad to me before.. anything

??!!!???!!!???!!

What was that suppose to mean? So i guess she wasn't serious when she said sorry? I'm not even reprimanding her loh! She can save that 'sorry'.
And what did she mean with the 2nd part of her msg? So me doing anything bad to her in the past would deny her the fact that she did something bad to me?! So I'd have lost all rights to feel angry? And what have i done to her? Have i harmed her in any way? Even if i had displeased her in the past, I would have said sorry to her immediately and i had meant it, even if she had not deserved it! But the fact is, I'm pissed with her today solely because of what she had done today! I was not even taking into consideration her faults in the past! And now she's trying to dig the past out so that she can escape her present guilt?

This is just a miscommunication. It's not as if she really did anything bad to me. I wasn't even scolding her! Does she need to be so defensive?
It's totally out of point! Does she even know what i was pissed with her about? Faint.

To this girl:
If you happen to see this entry, and you felt greatly disturbed and maligned, feel free to call me up and we can clarify the matter once and for all. This is actually a small matter and I have no wish to start a war. I'm not trying to criticise you on my blog. I'm just relating my day on it.

No comments: