Wednesday, February 22, 2006

+ EnT|T|EmEnT +

There are certain things in life which some people are entitled to since their births. And which some other people can never attain in their lives.

Some one asked me for advice before. About a decision that could affect his life, at least for now. He had consulted others before. Those who encouraged him would list him one whole chunk of advantages. Those who discouraged, listed the opposite.

He came to me, still undecided.

I was silent for a long while. What he should know, he knew already. So I finally told him.

"If i were YOU in YOUR exact situation, I would go.
If i were ME in YOUR exact situation, I would not go.
Why? You know it very well yourself."

I can't believe i said this! This was like the best advice i can ever give to any one! And by doing so, i've expressing all my views and opinions and feelings already!
Simple and flat. No sides taken. I had made a smart advice. The rest was up to him.

Why have i told him thus? Because he possessed the entitlement. And i believed he knew it himself too. Because he didn't probe further. He's a smart kid.

Anyway, i believe he had made a smart choice. Well, as i'd said, he's smart.

Only those without the entitlement are qualified to give smart advice, because they have no entitlement to do otherwise.

No comments: