Friday, July 28, 2006

+ tW0 s0re FeeT, l0ts 0f w|zArDs, aNd a bUnCh 0f f|0weRs +


Actually, today isn't a very special day for me. Even though this is supposed to be a mark, a proof of what i had sow all these years. But it isn't very anticipated. After all, it started with a rainy weather.

Somehow, i found it rather hard to smile, when everyone around was smiling. I just had a neutral feeling about everything. And on top of it, i felt lost. Everyone was busy grabbing friends for photo shooting.
I'll stand around and try not to get into people's way.

I didn't want to go in too early, because i didn't want to miss any friends whom i know might come along. Luckily, i still managed to take photos with the few friends whom i wanted to take. My faithful friend tuck a few strands of my messy fringe under the mortar board and said,"
Smile! You should smile widely!" I simply told her," I feel very lost."

So she accompanied me in, looked for the place to take attendance, looked for my seat number, waited for me to collect my attendance card. And after joining up with a few other friends and engaging in a few more and merrier phototaking sessions, she and another friend suddenly
presented me with a bunch of flowers!! Oh! That was really sweet and thoughtful of them! My very FIRST bunch of FRESH flowers in my WHOLE life!!


"So what?" my mother laughed. "Your first bunch is not even from a guy!"

So? Who cares?

So long as it's from someone who really cares! I'm more than glad to receive it from my good old girlfriends! Yes, much more than glad. I'm overjoyed and grateful! Thank you lots girls!
You don't know just HOW MUCH those flowers brightened up my day! I really love it!

Then I went in, get seated, and simply waited for the ceremony to begin. And begin, it did.

Suddenly, all my professors whom i had seen and never seen before marched smartly in. All dressed in cute, artistic and colouful robes.
There was one lady who "glided" up the stage before the others, her robe billowing behind her.

Suddenly, I saw Hogwarts.

If one took no notice of what we were wearing on our head, I saw all of us sitting there, dressed in wizarding robes. It was like at the end of the year in Hogwarts, when everyone came together to be addressed by the teachers. There, I saw Professor Dumbledore, in his dark purple robes, taking his seat right in the middle. Then one professor, i can't remember his name, he was dressed in blue. He had a meek expression, and he immediately reminded me of Professor Quirrell.

Where is Professor Snape, I wondered. Scanning the stage to look for one resembling him. But too bad, no one looked as sinister as him. Therefore i concluded he had returned to Lord Voldemort's side to continue his spying.
But all in all, I saw lots of wizards, and us, lots of young witches and wizards! It was so CUTE! It was a dream come true! With my obsession in Harry Potter fantasy, and suddenly i find myself immensed in it! Wearing oversized robes that billow behind me if i walked faster! Hahaha.. Okay, call it self-entertainment in the midst of boredom. Though it really worked. Never underestimate the power of Imagination!

After the ceremony, hahhaa.. the best part. Something which my friends and I had a habit to do during our school days. BUFFET!!! NICE f00d!!! G00d food!!! FOOD!!! Hahaha... That's right! Dinner provided by our school. That's what they are best in anyway.. hehez.. And all the going around and grabbing and hugging friends and professors to have a chat with them one final time. This time, I really smiled and laughed heartily.

But sadly enough, though there were many tables, there was no chair. Imagine me trotting around in a 3 inches high heels the whole night. What do you get? Yes. A pair of sore feet! Diaozzzz......

In the cab home, my parents were complaining about the fact that during the ceremony, the looooong ceremony, when the only short moment when I was to walk on stage, and they were about to take a picture of me, two marshallers stood RIGHT in front of the camera! For the whole 2 hours, NO one in front did as much as MOVED. But the moment my name was called, the two marshallers came and stood right in front. My dad tried to shoo them away, but to no avail. Finally they walked away, just at the moment i was about to step OFF the stage.

Hahaha.. Is this coincidence? No. I call it Fate. It was fated that I will not have a picture of my "triumph", shaking hands with the Dean(Dumberdore). But it's alright. In the end I was the one consoling my parents. Hahahaha... But really, I did not feel any resentment or disappointment. As i already said earlier today, i felt very neutral. Today is not a special day. So what does it matter if i had a photo of me shaking the Dean's hand?

But just before the cab reached my home, i made a conclusion of today.

I had done what i had expected to and wanted to do. I had taken photos with the friends and professors I had wanted to take with. I had seen some friends whom I believed will be the last time I'm seeing them. Except for one thing. Remember i once had an entry during the exams times, when my graduation was very uncertain.
http://starlightdream.blogspot.com/2006/04/sprt.html

I once said I hoped to take that photo with him, so that I can make a perfect ending for the four years of Uni life. Now, I had managed to graduate on time. With him. But still, I did not manage to have that photo. Perhaps it was really meant to be, or meant not to be.
Nevertheless, I am content. Sometimes, it is the imperfection that makes things perfect.

Because after all, nothing in this world is perfect.

And what's more, I have already received 3 bonuses in one day today.

Two sore feet, lots of wizards, and a bunch of flowers!
^^

No comments: