Tuesday, July 04, 2006

+ tHe p0wEr oF fAm|LY t|eS +

This is the first time i felt the warmth of relatives relationships.
Very touched.
Yesterday, we made a trip down to my cousin, Cousin Zhen's house to borrow her convo robes. When we reached, only my aunt and uncle were at home, because my cousin was off to see the doctor. While waiting, we did some catching up.

After a while, Cousin Hiang, the elder brother of Cousin Zhen, reached home. We chatted for a bit.. Upon hearing that i'm still looking for a job, he immediately told me to ask Zhen later if her company has any vacancy since he refered to her job as an "easy job with high pay".
That was really nice of him to suggest that. Really thank him for his enthusiasm, though i wasn't too sure since my specialization was totally different from Cousin Zhen's field.

Then my Aunt added on, asking me to go to Waterloo Street more often to pray for blessings and for my job-searching to go more smoothly, and some other small tips on job-searching. So sweet of her for giving me the advices. People may say all these are superstitions or common knowledges, but it's really these small little gestures that counts! Really thank her for it! And probably if i have the chance, i'll put her advices to practice! hahaha...

Then Cousin Zhen reached home. We chatted a bit, and when she knew that I'm still jobless, without any cue from Cousin Hiang, she straight away asked me to send her my resume to her to forward to her company's HR, though she also wasn't sure if i even stand a chance because of the different nature in our specializations. But nevertheless she still asked me to try.

SO NICE OF HER!!!! She is so helpful! Her family are so helpful!!

Now i suddenly feel the wonders of family ties... the thickness of blood relations... Even though we may just see each other maybe for twice or thrice a year, whenever someone needs help, our family, including all out relatives, will always rush to help! So touched!

I know for some people, towards family or friends, they will only know that you are in this situation, and knowing is enough. They will just sit by and see how you get out of it. By yourself. Or some will even avoid you, fearing that you would approach them for help. Or some will just say they will help, but in reality, drag and drag and then hope you forget about it.

But for my cousins and their family, no, they did not. They approached me to help me instead! They are so helpful and warm and kind! May they be blessed!

Anyway, today, now, i just sent Cousin Zhen my resume. It was after office hours, so I thought maybe she will read my mail tomorrow then see what she can do to help me. And off I went for dinner.

Ten minutes later, I checked my mailbox. I received an email from her.
It was a bcc-ed copy of an email she sent to her HR, to recommend me.

See? Instant response. The power of family ties.
A kind heart is behind it all.

2 comments:

kimBarLeY said...

wowow...yes, glad you have a great extended family! i also wanna ask my extended family for lobangs but feel it may not be very fair to the company hiring me....hahaha. er...i rather enter by merit for myself la. but congrats when u get a job!

Rincy said...

haha.. nah la.. my cousin only recommended me to the company.. whether the company calls me up or hire me, its still based on my merits la...

but gal... dun worry i wun get employed.. if u read carefully, i said we're of diff specialization.. She's from MPE! We are of 2 totally diff league! haha..