Saturday, December 09, 2006

+ And tHey L|vE hApp|Ly eVeR aFteR +

Perhaps no one would expect me to attend a wedding dinner of the sister of a friend all by myself.
But I just did. And boy, I'm really glad i did!

At first, I was so scared the groom and bride cant remember me. I had known the bride through my friend(of course! the bride is her sister!) and we had went swimming and ktv-ing in her house for quite a couple of times. And I had a once or twice encounter with the brother-in-law, aka the groom, during the ktv sessions. When my friend asked if I wanted to go to the wedding although i would be alone, I had readily agreed. I wanted to give my blessings to them on this big day and I wish to witness and be a part of their "happily ever after".

But I admit there was a tiny tinge of regret when i sat down at my allocated table in the midst of strangers, back facing the stage somemore. Why had I insisted coming even though i had expected to land myself in such awkward situation? But then, being the usual me, and of course with nice people sitting by my sides(I was literally sitting between a group of friends!), we soon started small chats. Anyway i began to like my environment.

After which the whole event start, and.... OMG!!! It's so........... NICE!!!! I LOVE WEDDINGS!! People I know always think attending weddings is a chore, because they have to give red packet (Red bomb they call) and sit through 2 hours to rot. But seriously, if it's for such a joyous event,
WHY NOT?!?!?!?? At most I'll save up on a few clothes, a few cds and a few big meals thats all! I don't wanna miss weddings. And definitely not this one!

Especially when the emcee announced that the groom is going up the stage to sing a song!
WOW!
The lady beside me and I simply looked at each other with BIG eyes and exclaimed a big "WOW". This is so unheard of, at least to me. I KNEW he can sing. Remember he joined us in the ktv session? So he sang an oldie "Wo shi zhen de fu chu wo de ai" -> I really gave all my heart.

AIYO! It was NICE!!! Can see he really meant all the words sia... During the last part, he came down the stage and stood beside his bride, crooning to her... Awww... I thought the bride would join him on stage. But nope. She was too busy crying.. W00000ooooo!!! SSSOOOOO ROMANTIC!!!! SO SWEET!!!! I saw that scene and was so touched a tear nearly got squeezed out. Luckily I didn't, else people might think I'm crazy.

After that, they came around.. I don't know if the groom still remembers me. I know he thought i looked familiar, he must have. Hahaha... But I was sure the bride recognise me.. She was smiling hard at me. Probably she was scared I would feel lonely bah. Well, I told her i wasn't.

GUESS WHAT!?!?!? They will be going on honeymoon, in January, for 10+ days, to EUROPE!!!! Paris, Germany and etc!! W00h00!!! Xin Fu Couple!! So good!

I'm sooooooooooooooo glad I went to their wedding and witnessed their blessed and filled-with-happiness faces! I want to bless the newly wed couple again and again and again and again and again.....

May both of you live happily together ever after!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: