Thursday, March 17, 2005

+ |aUgHtEr +

+ LaUgHtEr +

There are many types of people in this world. Hence there are as many types of laughter, since laughter is unique. In my short life up till now, I've heard quite an amusingly varied types of laughter. I've heard babies gurgle, little boys laugh, little girls giggle, Santa's merry laughter that goes "Ho ho ho!!", lions' roars "Bawhwoahwoa!", evil witches' hideous laughters "heeheheeehehe", perverts' "hiek hiek hiek hiek" smirking on their faces while rubbing their hands together, fishes' laughter, prawns' laughter, hyenas’ laughter (ok, you can’t call it as laughter coz that’s the sound they make, which is like a laughter), silent laughter and my own's "Muahaha!"s and "Wahaha!"s.

Laughter is the best medicine, so says the proverb master. Indeed, scientific researches have proven, laughter can cured most of the illness medicine can't. Simply because when one person is happy, his body is relaxed and his immune system get motivated and worked up to heal the body. In addition, when one laughs, you take in large and more amounts of oxygen and increase the blood circulation in your body, clearing your brain and freshening up your mind, and make the heart pumps harder. Alright, that last point is my own theory. So? Make sense right?

On top of everything, there’s still soft laughs, meek laughs, loud laughs, bawling laughs, evil laughs, merry laughs, all kinds of laughs in different magnitudes and longitudes. Longitudes? Hmm.. Whatever! Anyway, I just want to say, I called up a friend recently and caught up a bit over the phone. Something I said about the howling castles of a movie, which I don’t know what, I was blabbering, sort of triggered her laughing acupuncture and she just simply suddenly BURST out laughing! BWHAHahaha!!! This time I was stumped! I really wasn’t meaning to say a joke!? Anyway, I just sat on my bed listening to my friend laughing her lungs and heart out, and I suddenly realized what a nice sound that was.

Now I suddenly understand why they said ‘Laughing is contagious’. Because when you have a heartfelt laugh, people who hear it can feel the happiness in it. It is the Happiness and Joy that are contagious, not the laughter itself! And I also realize that, the best music in the world to the ears, well, at least to MY ears, is a heartfelt laughter.

No comments: