Monday, March 07, 2005

+ fR|eNdSh|p +

+ fRieNdShIp +

I was walking down this path. The sky was so blue! The air was so crisp! On both sides were meadows of flowers! Yellow, red, pink, and even blue! The breeze was soft, the birds were chirping... Ahh.. How wonderful!

Then along came a girl of my age. "Hi!" she said to me. And we became friends. We laughed together, we walked together. Then suddenly, i felt big drops of rain on my face. "Oh no! I've forgotten to bring my umbrella!" i cried in dismay. She turned to me and said,"Me neither! But it's ok. Come on! it's a nice feeling to be in the rain!" and she took a big breathe, closed her eyes and embraced the rain, with a content smile on her face. I was a bit skeptic about it, but still i followed her. Wow! that feeling was really wonderful! And we continued our walk down the path.

At a point of time, we got hungry. But not to worry! I've got my piece of sandwich! I split it into two and we shared my only lunch. Though we were not really full, but it's ok! We shared everything we had, including our fears and dreams. But of course, we also had our share of quarrels and disagreements. Somehow, though i tried my best to forgive her, i realised that i couldn't forget. i didn't know about her, but i guessed it was mutual? i felt like perhaps i didn't know her well enough; perhaps she wasn't the person i had thought her to be.

i tried to remember how she had helped me climb that hill which the path crossed. i tried to remember how we had sung our hearts out under that starry night. Yet i still could not fill in that gap between our hearts, or so i thought. Mum once said,"The relationship between people is: stay if we click, split if we don't". Well, i supposed i need not be too bothered with her then, afterall, she might not even be too bothered with me, just that we were walking along that same path that's all.

Then one day, we finally reached a meadow of flowers again! She was so captivated, she wanted to pick a armful of them! Me? Yes i liked them too! But i was more concerned with carrying on with the walk. But she insisted of staying for a while for the flowers.

"Okay, then i'll walk on first. Catch up with me when you are done alright?" so i said to her. She nodded joyfully. I carried on walking alone, and eventually came to this point with the road split into two; left and right. Now what should i do? i thought to myself. Should i choose a path, or should i wait for her? After much consideration, i decide to take the right path. It looked straight and clean enough. It might lead me to the place i want. What about my friend? Well, it's up to her. I assumed she would choose the path she wants when she came to it and well, if Fate allows, we might walk on together again!

And so, i happily took the right path, without realizing that a moment later, my friend took the left path, not because she had liked it, but because she had thought that i would take that path.

And i continued alone down that path, that path called Life....

No comments: